6.20.2009

NOTD: Barry M - Mint Green #304



Lemming killed!

I've been on the search for a true pastel mint green nail polish for a while, and at first I thought Orly Mint Mojito would be that shade, but from swatches I've seen it's much more dark green than I envisioned. Then MAC Peppermint Patti came out and it seemed perfect, but I really dislike MAC nailpolishes and think they're terribly overpriced and the quality is known for streaking.

When Barry M released some new fun nail polish colors this summer, I knew Mint Green was the perfect candidate. It's also a near perfect dupe of MAC Peppermint Patti if you missed out on that. Thanks to the lovely Emma aka MagpieSparkles who agreed to do a custom purchase for me, I am now in possession of this gorgeous nail polish. (She also sent me a few more Barry M polishes and other UK products as an extra - more on that soon!) The above picture is taken under a halogen spotlight, so not 100% color accurate - must try daytime lighting next time. It's a tad more green but nearly there.

I LOVE THIS!!!!!

Some have compared it to China Glaze For Audrey, but in my opinion, they are nothing alike. Mint Green is definitely more green toned, whereas For Audrey is more a turquoise-blue and less pastel. I'm also really impressed with the Barry M formulation - smooth to apply, good medium size brush, no streaking. I'll show you some more Barry M products and nail polishes soon, but so far I am really happy. And the good news - Barry M is so inexpensive! It's a UK brand but they now ship internationally, although their web store has proven a bit glitchy for me, hence the CP from Emma.

Overall, I highly recommend you try out Barry M polishes, especially if you like fun and unique colors! And at 2.95 GBP, you really can't go wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

www.Saida1981.blogspot.com

Blog Stats ...