How to Fishtail Braid Your Hair . . .
Just like the Basic Braid, this braid turns out best if you pull hair back into a tight ponytail first. The difference between the two braids is that you are going to seperate the ponytail into 2 strands instead of three.
1. Once you have separated the ponytail, you are going to start out by holding the 2 strands in your left hand.
2. Now you are going to take a thin piece from the outside of the right strand and join it with the left strand.
3. Reverse how you are holding hair and switch hands.
4. With your left hand take a thin piece from the outside of the left strand and join it with the right strand.
5. You are going to repeat steps 2 and 3 until the braid is as long as you desire. Then finish with an elastic.
Here's what a Fishtail Braid looks like.